Last night for family night, we had each of the girls do a poster with their family tree, complete with pictures. The process of prepping for this activity brought about the picture below because I couldn't find a decent picture of myself. It also spurred some random thoughts that I thought I'd share.
One was that as a photographer, I don't have very many pictures of myself. I think Malia took a picture of me taking a picture but my face was obscured by my camera and didn't make for a good portrait. I think that there are a lot of family events where I appear to have been absent due to the fact that I was behind the camera. Note to self, get a little point and shoot camera to give the kids or Arnie so that I am remembered in this life.
Two is my hair. I have been getting a lot of compliments about it lately. I find it rather amusing as I haven't done anything extraordinary to it. Some women spend a lot of money on their hair, getting expensive cuts, perms, dyes, etc to obtain the look they want. I am not one of those people. In fact, I forget to get it cut. Hence the length. Arnie likes it long so much that for once, I am humoring him. Not sure why men like long hair, it drives me insane. This time I am consoling myself with the thought that after the holidays, I will cut it off and donate it to one of those agencies that turn real hair into wigs for those people that have cancer. Until then, up into a braid or ponytail it goes. This picture is one of those rare times you'll see it down. Sigh, I guess that means this an accurate portrait after all. Oh well!
One was that as a photographer, I don't have very many pictures of myself. I think Malia took a picture of me taking a picture but my face was obscured by my camera and didn't make for a good portrait. I think that there are a lot of family events where I appear to have been absent due to the fact that I was behind the camera. Note to self, get a little point and shoot camera to give the kids or Arnie so that I am remembered in this life.
Two is my hair. I have been getting a lot of compliments about it lately. I find it rather amusing as I haven't done anything extraordinary to it. Some women spend a lot of money on their hair, getting expensive cuts, perms, dyes, etc to obtain the look they want. I am not one of those people. In fact, I forget to get it cut. Hence the length. Arnie likes it long so much that for once, I am humoring him. Not sure why men like long hair, it drives me insane. This time I am consoling myself with the thought that after the holidays, I will cut it off and donate it to one of those agencies that turn real hair into wigs for those people that have cancer. Until then, up into a braid or ponytail it goes. This picture is one of those rare times you'll see it down. Sigh, I guess that means this an accurate portrait after all. Oh well!
Me under an aspen and an apple tree

2 comments:
Wow! You are getting prettier and prettier.Your long hair is fabulous. Who took this photo? Don't worry. You are well remembered in this life.
Megan, you look beautiful! I agree you need to be in more pictures.
Post a Comment