Saturday, December 20, 2014

Chaperoning at the Stuttgart Christmas Market

Wednesday, I chaperoned Jessica's class to the Stuttgart Christmas market.  We went by train in the rain.  Jessica was in great spirits for the first part but then was feeling ill for the second part.  I practically had to drag her up the big hill from the train station.  We got to see a fun play that was entirely in German.  The actors were so good that all the kids got caught up in the story, laughing, yelling and singing no matter what language they spoke.
Malia came with her school aid, whose daughter is in Jessi's class and did a photo scavenger hunt while I was wrangling second graders.  If it wasn't for the rain and Jessi not feeling well, it would have been a really fun day.

Jessica and her friend in front of miniature train set


German gingerbread cookies

Jessica drinking warm Kinderpunsch (warm fruit punch)

smoked salmon

Jessi feeling ill

Malia and Mrs Weatherstone warming up in a giant teepee

1 comment:

Gramma Connelly said...

Another amazing field trip destination. What memories you guys are collecting!