Sunday, October 26, 2014

Family Rock Climbing

Over the last month, Arnie has taken us as a family to the fitness center on Panzer Kaserne, where there is a rock climbing wall. Over the years, Arnie has accumulated a lot of gear and just recently got certified to belay others (holding the rope so the climber doesn't fall), which allows us to access the wall any time the fitness center is open.  Arnie and his friend, Brad, go climbing at least twice a week but the girls and I haven't had any experience climbing like this. The first several times we went, I was only able to get a little ways up the wall before my arms, fingers and brain would give up.  It wasn't until Bethany started to be determined to conquer the different routes and touch the ceiling, that she and I started having success. First she would do it and then, seeing how she fought through, I was then able to do it.  The last time we climbed, Bethany and I, climbed up to the top four different times on three different routes. Again, I'm amazed at the things  I am able to do now since changing my diet. I have been truly blessed. 





1 comment:

Gramma Connelly said...

Those Hammari women are tough chicks! Good for you and Bethany for touching the ceiling!