Sunday, October 26, 2014

Arnie's birthday! Aka one year shy of being really old :)

Wednesday, Oct 15, was Arnie's 39th birthday. I tried, unsuccessfully to surprise him with a surprise party at the bowling alley. I made two kinds of cupcakes at Brad's house with Angie to hide the evidence and met her there with her three kids. Brad however ended up having to work late and only one other guy showed up in time to sing happy birthday and eat a cupcake before leaving. Thanks to a ton of traffic and being a school night, things didn't really go the way I had envisioned. However, we had fun bowling and I even broke 100 with a strike and a spare in the last three frames.  Arnie, was relatively happy despite being one year from the big 4-0. He got what he really wanted for his birthday, to be with his family. Oh and a cool split snowboard!  That helps ease the sting of getting old. 


1 comment:

Gramma Connelly said...

Happy Birthday Arnie. 3-9, even 4-0,isn't so bad. You'll see