Sunday, September 21, 2014

Quilting.

Ok, I have to explain the path of my insanity for a moment. When I got to Stuttgart, my friend Angie was excited to start quilting with me. The arts and crafts shop here has sewing machines in the back room that you can rent time on, so it really didn't matter that I didn't have my sewing machine or anything. Only problem I did have was I hadn't brought any fabric or patterns or anything with me, so I decided to make a new quilt!  What the heck, right?  This time I thought it would be great to make myself a quilt. I choose a stack of fat quarters, or fabric pre cut at a quarter yard and arranged as a matching set, that were in Americana colors (red, white, blue, and as constrast, black.)  I, then, chose a quilt pattern that used fat quarters. This is new territory for me and I didn't realize how much trouble I was going to have.  I've cut stuff wrong, sewed stuff wrong and spent a great deal of time "unsewing" as my friend calls ripping seams out in order to try again. So I feel it an tremendous feat to have my second block done. Only seven more to go. :)


1 comment:

Gramma Connelly said...

I can see what you mean. Looks complicated even to the untrained eye. Maybe now that you've got these two done the rest won't be so hard.
Love, Mom