We went to the Partnachklamm, which is a harrowing, breath-taking hike through a gorge behind the ski jump stadium in Garmisch. This isn't a particularly difficult hike but the trail was barely wide enough to let two people walk next to one another and it was wet and wound it's way in and out of pitch black tunnels. I wish I had known about the dark tunnels as I had packed three headlamps that would have been perfect for the occasion. As it was, Arnie and I took turns keeping a death grip on Jessi who had a tendency to bounce around like there wasn't a death drop into a huge rushing river below. I had my big camera with me and I was able to take some fun pictures despite our precarious situation. However, I have misplaced my sync cord and my computer is experiencing technical difficulties so you will have to be patient to see them. Malia, my photography apprentice, took turns with the big camera as well. I'm excited to share with you her budding talents.
As ever, I'm so glad that I am healthy enough to be able to participate in such a fabulous family activity. Total steps of the day, 13,358 and approx 5.5 miles.
After the hike we went to the Edelweiss resort and went swimming. Afterward, Malia caught a spectacular sunset on the Zugspitz, the highest mountain peak in Germany.
1 comment:
Another display of photography skills. Good job Mom and Malia! As impressive as the photography is, we're more impressed with your (and the family) health. Cherish and preserve it.
Post a Comment