Saturday, September 27, 2014

Johnny Appleseed and soap carving


Today I helped in Jessica's second grad class as they celebrated Johnny Appleseed's birthday by having three and a half hours of apple related activities. Everything from making apple juice and apple sauce to art projects to weighing apples on scales. I manned the station where kids voted on their favorite color of apple and then colored a paper apple and glued it on graph.  I was glad to be able to help out and spend time with Jessica. 

This evening, I helped chaperone a stake activity where there was a dance for the 14-18 yr olds and soap carving for the 12-13 yr olds. Jessi and Kaitlyn had to come with me since Arnie was working late and they ended up disregarding the age limits and had a grand ole time dancing and mutilating bars of soap. The big girls had fun too. I'm glad they ran out of energy early.  It's been a long day. 

1 comment:

Gramma Connelly said...

Fun to have a glimpse into Jessie's and Malia's activities. Three hours of apple activities??!! Wow --high energy teacher? Good for you to be a help there and at the dance. Malia's carving looked good