Sunday, September 14, 2014

Bike riding in Deutschland

One of the biggest things to do here, besides volksmarching (walking all over the place) or drinking beer and eating brats (which I only do the latter), is riding bicycles, or fahradders. There are many paved biking and walking trails that connect the towns here and are actually a faster way to travel (if you are a fit person) than braving the autobahn (freeway) and the staus (traffic jams), which are frequent. 
I just recently felt good enough to get back on the bike and ride a little, which apparently to Arnie meant 9 miles one day and 14 miles the next.  He tells me that's nothing. Well, to me, that's a huge deal. I've never biked those distances ever in my life and I not only did them back to back but was still walking and talking afterwards!  How do you like them apples!  I have to say the scenery is absolutely the best. Walking or biking, Germany is the place to do it!

1 comment:

Gramma Connelly said...

We like and are impressed with those apples and the German travel lessons. Nice shot of the bikeway with clouds in bg