Thursday, September 23, 2010

Water Park Captial of the World

We spent a couple days in Wisconsin Dells for some R&R from our cross country trek. The Dells are the self proclaimed "Water Park Capital of the World." I'll let you ponder on the irony of this for a little bit.
We had stopped here before last summer because this is where we "own" timeshare property. (Although this will be a pretty positive report, don't be fooled, never buy a timeshare. Rent points from fools like me. 'Nough said.)
The girls love it here. There are three or four indoor water parks and almost as many outdoor ones that we have full access to while staying here. Unfortunately, this time, most of them were closed for the season. We went to three different indoor parks during our stay here. I only managed to get pictures of two of them: Klondike Kaverns and the Wild Water Dome.
Klondike Kaverns is the most universal of the parks having a little something for everybody; a lazy river to float in, a wet jungle gym kind of thing with three levels of water slides, huge water slides that you come down on single, double and even quadruple inner tubes and a hot tube which I ached to get into but couldn't because I had little kids in tow every minute.
The Wild Water Dome's main attraction was it's enormous wave pool. It would alternate between wave and non-wave periods. It is sort of like an indoor beach although I was not fooled for a minute. The waves that were produced came very fast and furious. If that was a real beach, those would be storm conditions and they would have closed the beach. As it was a controlled environment however, with four ready life guards on each side ready to stop the waves at any sign of distress, and people floating on clear inner tubes to make it more like a wild bumper car ride, it turned out to be something that the older girls thoroughly enjoyed and the little girls could handle while being held securely to a "tube-y" as they called it by either Grandma or I.


1000 gallons of water pour from a big bucket every few minutes. Malia and Bethany are seen below diving into a little tunnel to avoid getting pummeled.

2 comments:

Angie said...

These are such cute pictures! Looks like ya'll had a great time. :)

Gramma Connelly said...

Great fun! Becca would love this. "Water Park" and "Pool area" are two of her favorite expressions and places. (Sadly, I don't see Wisconsin in our future)