Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Kancamagus Highway

Yesterday afternoon, we traveled north to drive down the famous Kancamagus Highway. I wanted to get some pictures of the fall colors. The girls didn't appreciate the expedition much. It made no sense to them to drive an hour and a half just to find another road to drive some more. Arnie makes his rounds in this area almost every week so it wasn't that thrilling for him either. As it turned out, most of my pictures were taken out the window of the car. Not the most ideal but I am just grateful to have had the chance to go through this neck of the woods. It was well worth it in my opinion. The weather was nice and we did get to stop a couple of times and stretch our legs.

We did stop at the base station of Mt. Washington before heading back home. The peak of Mt. Washington was where the highest wind speed was recorded. We didn't get to drive up it like Arnie wanted, though. Maybe on our next trip....



4 comments:

Gramma Connelly said...

We have a daughter in New Hampshire who told me "they really know how to do Autumn up here" After spending a few choice Fall weeks in New England (visiting every state there) we agree!

Heidi said...

What beautiful Fall pictures. I really like the train one.

The Bountiful Connelly's said...

I can't get over how much Bethany looks like her Mom. It's like seeing Megan as a girl all over again.

Nikella said...

Oh, I miss fall in New England. I am glad to see you are all doing well!