Thursday night, I was chatting with my sister Kelly and we discovered that we both were suffering from an overwhelming amount of mess in our houses. She had a wonderful idea of taking pictures of each room messy, then have the children help clean the rooms over the next week and take another picture of the clean room. Kelly then developed a chart where the two pictures were put side by side and below were the days of the month. Every day, each room will be compared to the two pictures and a check will be put under the picture the room most resembles at that time. Our goal is to have more checks in the "clean" column than the "dirty" column.
Below are the first two rooms that I have done so far in my house. I am already having a difficult time just keeping these two rooms clean. Just after I took the clean picture for the front room, Jessica and Kaitlyn got a hold of some sand art in bottles and opened them all over the carpet! Good thing I have a great vacuum.
Wish me luck!
Below are the first two rooms that I have done so far in my house. I am already having a difficult time just keeping these two rooms clean. Just after I took the clean picture for the front room, Jessica and Kaitlyn got a hold of some sand art in bottles and opened them all over the carpet! Good thing I have a great vacuum.
Wish me luck!
TV room before




4 comments:
Great idea. Kudos to you and Kelly. I would suggest a reward system of some kind for more positive than negative checks. The whole key to success, I think, is to raise the awareness in all family members of the reward for using their energies for good
It is my feeling that the children must be taught early on that it is not acceptable to leave messes all over the house. They might not appreciate it now but believe me they will thank you later when they diiscover that a home can and must be kept clean and clear to be enjoyed by all! My girls learned to clean and iron their own clothes as the grumbled but now admit that they are glad that I was such a "slavedriver". Now they are both great homemakers and work full time. Just keep at them and they will learn.
Love,
Auntie Pat
those are some big rooms. good luck with that. let me know how things go.
Glad you are working on your house of Order. I'm still working to finish my chart but we have been working hard this week to keep the upstairs clean.
Post a Comment