Thursday, May 19, 2011

Planning my trip across country

To save money on our trip back east, we have decided that it is best that I travel with the girls by myself.  I have never done that but in the military,  I've had to do a lot of things that I've never done before, so nothing new here.

I actually think we will be just fine.  After traveling around Senegal in a car, driving on nice freeways with rest stops and fast food restaurants and nice hotels will be a breeze. 


I was listening to a internet radio program about vacationing with autistic kids and it made me realize that I have a lot of prep work to do in order to have a smooth drive.  Just thinking about all this stuff makes me even more inclined to do anything but prep for my drive and pack up all the excess stuff that we have accumulated over the last 10 months.

This would be our fifth or sixth trek across the country by car so my girls are almost pros at this.  Well, here's to hoping, anyway.
Some grassland in South Dakota taken on our last cross country trip.
 

1 comment:

Gramma Connelly said...

Great South Dakota photo. Have the girls shown interest in photography, like their Mom? If so, that might be a good activity for getting them productively involved in the road trip. Another idea is daily journals, spoken, written or drawn. Good luck