Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hillcrest Rocks!

Bethany and Malia participated in a concert today put on by the 4th, 5th and 6th graders full of 70's songs.  They have been coming home singing songs by Abba, the Jackson 5, the Bee Gees and the Beatles and knowing the words far better than I have ever known them!  It was a kick to see them rocking out.  I spoiled a couple of the recordings by singing along too loudly.  The first song they sang was Joy to the World by Three Dog Night.  Malia's best friend, Izzy, sang the first solo and she was astonishingly good.  She is one of the six kids in Malia's self-contained classroom.  Amazing!

 

Malia is in a pink tie-dye in the second row, right before the change to the red tie-dye shirts.  She is constantly playing with her hair.  She is also hidden by the head of the lady in front of me for a lot of the time.



Bethany is in a yellow tie-dye shirt in the back row right under the left corner of the basketball hoop.  You can't really tell in the recording but she has a scowl on her face for most of the performance for some reason.  I'm going to have to talk to her about that because I know she loves the songs.  I guess performing isn't really her thing.

In this one, I am singing but since I figured, at least in this one, I wasn't too loud and you can still hear the kids, that you'd forgive me for not restraining myself.  I just can't help singing along to cool songs :).

3 comments:

Gramma Connelly said...

Super fun post! In the first video Izzy is good. In the second video we get a good look at the lady in front of you and a little look at the boy to your right who participates in the gestures. In the third video we enjoyed the nice audio mix. Good job to Malia and Bethany. We especially liked that they sang rather then lip sycn'd.

Anonymous said...

I love the videos of the singing, such beautiful sweet voices. Auntie Pat

amanda said...

how fun. your girls did great