Laundry is probably my least favorite household duty. I have been told time and time again that if I just did a load a day that it wouldn't be so bad. Yeah, I'm not buying it, people! Oh, I am just fine with the washing and the drying part. I mean, at least with those steps it just takes a couple minutes and you can let the machines do their thing for 25 min to an hour while you go take a bubble bath and eat bon bons while your aroma therapy candle let you drift away to your happy place.
Not so with the folding and putting away part! This requires you to sit, stand, bend, whatever, for however long it takes to fold and sort through the myriad of clothing from size 4T to XL and to try to figure out a way to stack them so they don't resemble the Leaning Tower of Pisa on the verge of collapse!
Most of the time, though, I just rotate the loads from the dryer to the basket and then from the basket to my bed until it has amassed to the point that I fondly call "Mt. Laundry!" At this point, I just accept the inevitable and just push it aside and try to get some sleep. At least it is taking up that large empty space next to me and the bed isn't so lonely. How pathetic is that right?
So imagine my surprise tonight, when after my shower, I come into my room to find my two oldest daughters tackling Mt. Laundry for me!! I was over joyed and joined in with the folding while one of them took turns "running" the laundry to put it away. We never had a stack more than four things high! My bed is empty and Mt. Laundry is no more!
Huh, doing laundry might not be such a terrible thing after all because as you know, we all "get by with a little help from our" kids :)
1 comment:
LOL on a topic with which Mom can relate! And she is all about teaching/allowing the kiddos to help. Good for your girls!
Post a Comment