

We have this great little pet shop in the shopping center on the corner of our neighborhood that has all sorts of wonderful creatures to look at. Some better than others. Like for instance, we enjoy the salt water fish better than say, oh, the hissing cockroaches. They even have a Humuhumunukunukuapua'a or for you haoles, the Hawaii State fish. The pet store has it tagged as the Humu Humu Trigger fish. Kaitlyn especially loves the clown fish, "Nemos!" and the blue tangs, "Dori!" (reference, "Finding Nemo")
Well after spending some time there, I came to the conclusion that the girls would benefit from the presence of a pet. Fish are the only logical choice for me as they are quiet, self cleaning (mostly) and will not (hopefully) ever be handled by my over zealous children. They can also be left alone during the day without getting lonely and tearing up my house, another plus!
So, as you see above, I got set up with the tank and weeds and rocks and am in the process of conditioning the water in anticipation for FISH!
They will be a birthday present for Bethany and she will pick out eight as she is turning that ripe old age. Kaitlyn helped pick out the castle and the pink gravel. I thought them very fitting for my little princesses' fish.
4 comments:
Gramma says she's never seen pink gravel! Good choice for your girlies. Are you doing salt or fresh water?
Papa says you continue to be a good writer
so we did the fish thing once well actually twice after they died. then we stopped. Emma loved having them but was too heart broken to understand why they died. we also told the kids that we could get a dog if they clean up the poop.. so we will never get a dog either. Well maybe down the road now that we have a boy, who's job can be to clean the poop. i can't believe she is going to be 8 that is crazy! the girls will love the fish.
I love a fish tank to watch in the dark..very calming.
We had one when Arn was little..one problem occured..the fish food was in a little orange box which I kept out of reach, but Arn and Dan wanted to feed the fish and found a similar orange box..Arm and Hammer baking soda! The fish were swimming in very weird foggy water. I can't remember if any fish died...smart kids eh?
I had a fish bowl in my room when I was in Elementary School. I had two small goldfish and one big fat one. One day I came home and only the two small ones were in the bowl. After searching I found the big fat one under my bed, stuck to the hardwood. I had to use a pancake flipper to scrape it off!
Post a Comment