Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Attitash Conference

Well, we had a busy weekend. The New England Recruiting Battalion had its annual training conference at a ski resort called Attitash, which sounds like what a Looney Tunes cartoon guy should be saying after exclaiming, "Suffering suca..."
We all had a good time seeing a little more of New Hampshire. I especially enjoyed meeting and being with other Army wives again. This is the first time meeting anybody having to do with Arnie's job. There was also a fancy ball that I got to go to with Arnie. This turned out to be a big role reversal for me as I was now one of the "senior" wives with a lot more experience in the "real" Army than a great many of those around me. People were looking at me for an example instead of me looking at the more senior ranking spouses(which there was only one that night!).
All in all, it was a fun but exhausting experience. We didn't go to bed early any of the nights we were there.

Just a side note as way of explanation to why there are no pictures of beautiful North Conway-
I discovered my camera battery to be MIA after thinking at first that it was just dead. I still can't find the battery now that I am home. If it shows up at your house, please be kind enough to let me know. I'll be happy to come and get it :)

2 comments:

Gramma Connelly said...

Mom says she can totally relate to the disappearance of important. even vital things. For instance, we purchased some paper and scotch tape in Hawaii to do the packages that we wanted to ship. The paper got home but the tape never never showed up. Sigh

Kelly said...

It is at times like this that a plan B becomes important. Such as using your cell phone camera, or a disposable film camera. When we travel we tend to have more than one camera and more than one photographer. Because something is bound to go wrong.