Family Reunion
Fourth of July
After the reunion, we lingered longer and got to go to the Fourth of July festivities near my sister's house. They have a great parade and we got to see a rodeo.
![]() |
| Waiting for the parade to start |
![]() |
| A cool picture I got of a bronco-buster! |
Arnie's Homecoming!
Arnie came home after being away in Africa for a year. It is so great to have him home. The girls were so excited and three of them got dressed up for it.
Cross Country Trip
Shortly after Arnie came home, we headed back east. Our trip took us through three national parks, Yellowstone, Glacier, and Badlands, where we camped in our Big Agnes tent. Bethany and Malia participated in their Junior Ranger program and got badges at all three national parks.
![]() |
| At Yellowstone in front of Beehive Geyser |
![]() |
| Glacier NP along "Going-to-the-Sun Road" |
![]() |
| Badlands as the storm rolls in right after we get our tent set up |
![]() |
| The double rainbow during the calm between the storms |
![]() | |
| The girls in the back of Arnie's truck enjoying the sunset peeking through the storm clouds |
Glacier National Park is one of the prettiest places I've ever seen. I highly recommend putting driving the Going-to-the-Sun Road on your bucket list.
In the Badlands, we ran into some nasty weather, probably the worst thunderstorm I've ever been in. Although it probably felt that way due to the fact that we rode it out in our tent. Agnes served us well, I'm glad to say. We were one of a very few people that woke up relatively dry the next morning. One man I saw just threw his whole tent in the dumpster muttering something like "Rest in peace!"









3 comments:
The picture of the girls in the back of Arnie's truck is amazing. I can see fingers. What a photograph. Gram
How great to get a peek of your eventful summer. Glad we got to be in a small part of it. Your photography skills continue to blossum. I agree with Mom that the shot in the truck is amazing, The photo at the rodeo is tres professional. If I hadn't been there when you shot it, I'd think that it had come from the pages of Cowboy magazine. Have you looked into the ins and outs of submitting your work for publication?
it was fun having you and the girls up for a visit. glad you could make it.
Post a Comment