Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My little reader!

Since Jessi is the only child not going to school, her grandma and I have bought some educational videos from Leapfrog as well as some educational toys so that she can have "school" at home. Well, little did we know that she would love this so much that it wasn't long until she knew all her alphabet with their corresponding sounds, could write her name and knew a whole lot of numbers albeit not necessarily in the order that is commonly heard every day.
So, last week, on a whim, I decided to borrow some BOB books from the library. For those of you not familiar with this series, it is a series to help children to learn to read, akin to the old Dick and Jane books. While sitting on the floor of the library, I showed Jessi the book and opened it to the first page and she shocked me by immediately saying "M" "A" "T" "Mat!" Well that clinched it and I borrowed the two compilation books they had.
I tell you! She has read through both books! I caught this reading on video, posted it on youtube because it is so darn funny! I not only have a reader, I have a star! I dare you to disagree! To see it just click on the title to this post!

1 comment:

Gramma Connelly said...

Well done Jessie! Very impressive display of reading with a cute presentation. Reading is very important. Keep at it. Your Mom and Grandmother are doing a good job.