Friday, April 16, 2010

Hawaii Temple

Arnie and I are in Hawaii and had planned to go to the temple yesterday. We have been taking the bus everywhere and after a long circle-island bus ride, discovered that the temple has been under construction for the past 16 months! We did get to see the newly renovated visitors' center and see a cool 5 min film about the history of Laie, the temple, BYU-H and the PCC.

Arnie walking up the road to the temple

2 comments:

Gramma Connelly said...

Ah, memories. As you know, this is the Temple where Mom and I were married (and Jon&Cathy and Amanda&Eric). Glad to hear they are upgrading it. Sorry you weren't able to go in. Proud you are getting around in TheBus. Your photography skills continue to impress. See you soon.

Kelly said...

I went through this temple for the first time the week before Jon and Cathy were getting married. I was lucky to be going on a mission so I didn't have to miss the event. My second time through I did the work for Nana (Dad's Mom) and it was Cathy's first time. It made it a very special week at the temple.