We went on vacation to the Wyndham resort in the Berkshires of Massachusetts. We did what anyone would do at a ski resort in the winter. We went swimming! Oh wait, that's not normal. In fact, it was pretty nuts as they had two pools, one indoor and one outdoor that were connected by a flap in the wall. We did it anyway because unlike skiing, it was free. They also had an indoor and an outdoor hot tub. Arnie was informing us of Finnish culture, where it is normal, according to him, to sit in a hot tub or sauna and then, to cool off, roll in the snow. He tried it out. I refrained. Bethany and Malia, however, seemed to have more Finnish blood in them as they would hop from the outside hot tub to the outside pool with no problem. I heard this was good for your heart. I don't know, I would think the drastic change in temps would cause a heart attack. Oh well. What would a girl from Hawaii know about the strange behavior of snow dwelling folk?
Arnie and Jessica in the outside pool, which is surrounded by snow.
Jessi, my little fish, loves to swim with her daddy.
My big fish.
Arnie, showing off his Finnish blood. Brrrr!
Arnie, Jessi and Bethany swimming in the winter sunshine.
Princess Kaitlyn lounges in the hot tub, showing no liking for the freezing cold pool water.
Bethany and Malia, learning what happens when you jump into shallow water. Ouch!
Jessi liked the hot tub too.
2 comments:
It is fun to see the girls having fun. They are getting so big. Please give them our love.
My brothers do that at Christmas time in my parents' pool. They jump from the hot tub to the pool. I have heard that it can actually cause heart attacks. I'd rather just stay inside and drink hot apple cider. Good to see that you all enjoyed yourselves.
Post a Comment