Well a lot has happened since I blogged last, so I thought I'd give a digest of the events. On the 15th of October, Arnie turned a very old 33. Malia helped me decorate the cake but we had a mishap when she fell trying to get toothpicks positioned on the stove above and her whole upper arm went into the freshly chocolate frosted cake. Hence the big pumpkin you see in the picture.
We finally got to carve our marvelous pumpkins. Arnie, Jessi and Kaitlyn worked on the short round one the traditional way with a big knife. While Malia, Bethany and I took the more artistic approach and created our own design and used the little jigsaw from a pumpkin carving kit to carve our tall pumpkin. Both turned out wonderfully, lit by Arnie's bike lights. One blinked red for great effect.
Halloween was a great night. Nice warm weather (for New England, that is.) Here is a run-down of the costumes. Bethany was a Violet Wizard (you'll have to ask her what that is). Malia was Malia, the Halloween Fairy. Her character was modeled after her favorite series of books by an author named Daisy Meadows (I'm not making this up) that has a whole slew of fairies with names like Bethany, the Ballet fairy or Megan, the Monday fairy (again, I am not making this up.) Kaitlyn is obviously Snow White and Jessica is Cinderella or as she says "Rella, Rella!"
On November 10th, my little baby Jessi turned two! *sigh* With a very yummy "Funfetti" cake from Pillsbury and a singing Barbie doll based on the latest Barbie movie, the party was a smashing success.
Arnie's Birthday Cake made especially by Mom and Malia
Bethany and Malia taking turns with the little pumpkin kit saw.
Jessi, getting a kick out of scraping out the pumpkin gunk.
My four little trick o' treaters.
Jessica, enjoying her rainbow sprinkle cake and Neapolitan ice cream.
Jessica, playing with one of the most obnoxious gifts ever, a singing barbie doll.
7 comments:
CUTE PHOTOS!! We love them!
Love the Rileys
Thanks for the update, was a bit afraid that you were going to take after Cathy and not update your blog for a year.
Melissa and Stephanie are reading the same fairy series from the library. They love it. They currently have Megan the Monday Fairy.
Your girls look adorable, what imaginations! I'd like to give Jessie a big bite on her precious little nose. She seems to wrinkle it up at everything that pleases her.
Love and husgs,
Auntie Pat
Meg, We really appreciated your report. Please sing our birthday song for Arnie and Jessie. Great shot of your four trickrtreaters. Mom just found a similar photo(slide) of you, Ganon, Becca and Amanda in your Halloween outfits. Great memories.
What fun pictures! I love the story of the accident with the cake. It still looks great. Thanks for the update!
What lovely ladies you have!
the girls look great. love the halloween outfits.
Post a Comment