What great pictures of your girls, We lived in Wickford RI when your Grandfather was being mustared out of the Seabeas after world war 2. It was a quaint little village and just beautiful but strange for a little girl from Oklahoma. We were there olny a few months but I did get to start the school there, we walked through the wood to school it was beautiful. Your Father was only a baby of 2 yrs old so he won't remember it but we saw some wonderful historic sites. My Mother and Your Grandfather even took us to see the Bosto Pops preform. Great memories. Love Auntie Pat
Papa says: I remember Rhode Island distictly. It is an important state in our history. In 1979, we visited relatives in Providence,RI. We met at Madeline Bowen's house for dinner. My Grandmother Agnes Beatrice Bowen was Madeline's aunt. Madeline surprized us by inviting all the relatives in the area to have dinner with us. Everyone thought that 6 month old Megan was the prettiest baby they had ever seen. Meg probably remembers this. Gramma says: One of the cousins was a 25 year veteran of the Post Office. He knew dates and names.
I remember Madeline Bowen's name and remember going to RI but don't remember the dinner. I seem to remember Mom mailing someone in RI (not sure why) and noticing that very little address was needed. I can't remember what was left off but maybe Mom does.
3 comments:
What great pictures of your girls, We lived in Wickford RI when your Grandfather was being mustared out of the Seabeas after world war 2. It was a quaint little village and just beautiful but strange for a little girl from Oklahoma. We were there olny a few months but I did get to start the school there, we walked through the wood to school it was beautiful. Your Father was only a baby of 2 yrs old so he won't remember it but we saw some wonderful historic sites. My Mother and Your Grandfather even took us to see the Bosto Pops preform. Great memories.
Love Auntie Pat
Papa says: I remember Rhode Island distictly. It is an important state in our history. In 1979, we visited relatives in Providence,RI. We met at Madeline Bowen's house for dinner. My Grandmother Agnes Beatrice Bowen was Madeline's aunt. Madeline surprized us by inviting all the relatives in the area to have dinner with us. Everyone thought that 6 month old Megan was the prettiest baby they had ever seen. Meg probably remembers this.
Gramma says: One of the cousins was a 25 year veteran of the Post Office. He knew dates and names.
I remember Madeline Bowen's name and remember going to RI but don't remember the dinner. I seem to remember Mom mailing someone in RI (not sure why) and noticing that very little address was needed. I can't remember what was left off but maybe Mom does.
Post a Comment