Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Quality couple time (and skiing)

On Jan 25-26, Arnie and I got to participate in a marriage retreat in Garmisch put on by his command.  Childcare was provided for the younger kids and the older kids had fun hanging out in the hotel or having snowboarding lessons.  Arnie and I got to have a night out, per design by the marriage retreat planners, at a cute little restaurant in downtown Garmisch.  The food was delicious and the apfelshaftschorle (bubbly apple juice) had a green apple tartness to it that we've never experienced before.

On Feb 7, the day after our 16th anniversary, Arnie and I took off in the wee hours of the morning with a whole bus full of other people to the Austrian ski towns of Lech and Zurs.  It is a huge resort that is accessed with one ski pass, albeit an expensive one :)  We spent all day skiing this vast resort.  We had a nice lunch at the top of a very high mountain and skied down and around back to our bus from there.  The whole mountain range is connected by ski lifts and runs called the Weis Route (White Route).  We only did a little part of it.  My legs were really tired by the end.  It was wonderful to spend time with Arnie.  

I am so blessed to be married to such a wonderful man who has taken me to such amazing places and exposed me to such incredible experiences.  I am so grateful to have good health and strength right now so that I can do some of Arnie's favorite activities with him.  I am truly blessed that my children have become self-sufficient enough that we can leave them safely and work on improving our marriage and ultimately our family.  










1 comment:

Gramma Connelly said...

We see that you know the importance of recognizing your blessings, counting them and being grateful for them. Good job!