Friday was a much better day for everyone. We realized that Kaitlyn had been skiing without her glasses all week and fixed that problem. Malia resolved herself to have a good day and succeeded. I decided to use Malia's skis, which were shorter, in hopes that it would help me turn easier. I also had a new teacher, which made a big difference. This teacher had a much easier technique that was a lot less like boot camp on skis and was much gentler on my body. I think the shorter skis did make a difference too. I didn't really have a chance to get any good pictures from that day. I usually got pictures during the afternoon but by the time I got up the mountain after lunch, the wind had picked up so much that they were turning off all the lifts and telling people to come off the mountain. We got to see them begin to gather all the chair lifts into the big hanger at the base of the lift in prep for that evenings' storm.
 |
| Another selfie on the gondola |
 |
The base of the six person lift (looks like something out of Star Wars Episode 5 and the planet Hoth) |
 |
| Arnie up at the top showing the white out conditions brewing on the Zugspitz |
1 comment:
Beautiful lady in the Alps
Post a Comment