Sunday, January 22, 2012

Snow shoeing in the backyard

This afternoon, Arnie and some of the girls were able to go out back and take advantage of the first substantial accumulation of snow all season.  It has been a real odd winter but there is no mistaking it now.  The season of the neverending piles of wet snow clothes and muddy boots is upon us.  I took pictures of the brave winter explorers from the safety and security, though not that much warmer living room.

The intrepid adventures
Malia holding on to LT's leash while taking a breather in the snow.
Jessi showing off her red snow shoes

Arnie looks back to ask me one last time if I'm sure I don't want to come along.  I'm sure.

Off they go into the wilds of backyard

2 comments:

Gramma Connelly said...

Always proud of our posterity that can
1) Blossom where they're planted and/or
2) Stay warm and dry if there's a possibility to do so

amanda said...

glad the kids were able to explore the backyard with snow.