Bethany has been working really hard doing the dishwasher every day for the past month and a half to prove herself responsible enough to take care of a pet. She has been very diligent, sometimes loading and unloading the dishwasher twice a day. Saturday she even cleaned the whole kitchen including wiping down the counters.
Originally she was trying for a dog. Luckily, (for me) she decided that a guinea pig is what she wanted instead. At the pet store, we met this little cutie. I made the observation that he looked a little like a porcupine and Bethany thought that his name should be Ereth, which is short for Erethizon dorsatum (don't ask me to pronounce the whole thing) or the scientific name of a porcupine. I suggested the name Porky but she didn't appreciate my humor for some reason.
Originally she was trying for a dog. Luckily, (for me) she decided that a guinea pig is what she wanted instead. At the pet store, we met this little cutie. I made the observation that he looked a little like a porcupine and Bethany thought that his name should be Ereth, which is short for Erethizon dorsatum (don't ask me to pronounce the whole thing) or the scientific name of a porcupine. I suggested the name Porky but she didn't appreciate my humor for some reason.
Ereth

1 comment:
Wise choice of a handsome critter. Very scholastic name. Have fun
Post a Comment