Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Charmingfare Farm

Today we went to a place called Charmingfare Farm, which is out in the backwoods of Candia, NH. I wondered at the name of the place, since, even with the group's discounted rate of $8.50/person, it really wasn't a very "charming fare." We went with my friends' Mommy & Me group and there was a total of 26 little kids, most of which were under school age. And yes, we all made it out whole and sane :). Bethany and Malia seemed to enjoy themselves and took it upon themselves to be in the lead in pretty much everything from feeding all the animals they could to reading the map and running ahead to the next exhibit. Jessi and Kaitlyn enjoyed being with their friends more than feeding the animals. The favorite things of the day were the little goats and their kids, and the horse-drawn cart ride.

Bethany, my little goat herd

2 comments:

Gramma Connelly said...

Another super post, well written and illustrated. It's great to get a peek at your activiities as you get settled again in NH. I laughed at the "alpaca, I think" and feeding the animals concern (very wise), and guess who wasn't happy to be leaving. By the way is that a new hair style for Bethany? It looks nice. Please save a little energy to post from time to time.

Gramma Connelly said...

1. Anual 15 Minute Family Reunion: Megan your picts did turn out nice. I transferred them to Dad's computer.
2. Nauvoo: The first thing I looked at was the hats. None like the ones I made. I like the picture of the falls with the bird flying over it. Were you on the American side?
3. I used to have goats on my farm where I grew up. You may remember a picture of me in the book of E,F, G. I love the big girls haircuts. They look neat and attractive.