Kaitlyn and Jessica have been on this kick of doing, what I call, Random Acts of Destruction, hitherto called RAODs. My life is so full of acronyms I just couldn't help myself. These RAODs come out of nowhere and seemingly without any thought. Just today, they have taken all the DVDs out of the cupboard and threw them all over the living room (not photographed), threw rice in two different rooms, dumped tortilla chips out in the car (also not photographed), and just now, Jessi dumped peanuts in the living room. You know, I don't recall praying for more patience. I guess Heavenly Father thinks I need more practice in patience and long, long, long suffering. Maybe this will help.
Example #1: Peanuts in the living room



6 comments:
That is no fun. My kiddos are good at knowing when I'm most busy and need them to be good... This is when they strike. I don't know why, but they do it. I keep hoping they'll grow out of it. I think Heavenly Father is teaching me patience, too.
Your RAODs seem to mostly involve food items and I fear that they will attract ROUSs (Rodents Of Unusual Size).
As an old geezer I can't help thinking that a couple of dances with the wooden spoon might reduce the fun in such destructive behavior.
AS an even older geezer I agree with Gramma & Grandpapa. This behavior can't be allowed to go unchecked or they will push you even further, they are just testing how far you will let them go.
I don't know about a wooden spoon but a few very firm time outs might do to start, if that doesn't work a smack on the bottom never scarred a child for life.
Although not asked for that's my opinion.
Love,
Auntie Pat
hey it could be worse, it could have been cooked rice, and then you would have to wait for it to dry before you cleaned it up. good luck with that.
I completly understand. We call Gaving the Gavinator because he likes to destory everything in his path and he thinks that everything should be out of its place scattered everywhere. I guess I too have to learn more patience. :)
Post a Comment