Sunday, April 20, 2008

North Hampton Beach

Our church's stake conference took us out to Exeter today, which is just a stone's throw from Hampton beach. So we decided to take a family outing on this beautiful albeit slightly chilly spring day. However, that didn't keep the girls from playing "chicken" with the waves. They were surprised to find out just how cold New England ocean water is!



8 comments:

Gramma Connelly said...

Meg, Thanks for the picture gallery the Hammaris at North Hampton. Looks like you had some (albeit (love a gal who uses albeit) cold) fun. Gramma especially enjoyed the children photo update

amanda said...

the girls look great. love that malia has tennis shoes on, reminds me of becca who still does that. how fun. Emma was wondering if she can play with malia who is her age and Lily wants to play with the girl her age she says. maybe someday we can make that happen.

Kelly said...

Even if the water is cold, I'm sure it sounds like the ocean we grew up with. I noticed that Malia is wearing a dress from your wedding reception. Glad to see you are still getting use out of those dresses. How many little girl dresses were there? I know that years ago we gave you Stephanie's and we still have Christopher's shirt that now fits James (but not for much longer). Would you be interested in the shirt. I know that it was made for a boy to wear but no reason your girls couldn't wear it. Probably not to church but it could be a fun school shirt if you are interested. Let me know.

Happy Hammaris said...

I believe that Stephanie was the only one with a dress. You could probably send the shirt and I'll see if anyone will wear it. I can never tell with my girls. They have such strange taste in clothing.

Kelly said...

Wow, I'm amazed then that the dress still fits because Steph was pretty young. The dress did reach the floor on her then, but doesn't look bad on Malia. In fact the one photo of her alone she looks wonderful. She really looks happy with a kind of grown up looking hair do.

The Bountiful Connelly's said...

What a fun day! It must have been fun to get out and see something new. The girls look like they all had fun. Thanks for the update!

patv said...

The girls look as if they are having a great time! When your Grandfather was being discharged from the Seabees wed lived in Rhode Islamd for a few months and I decided to go to the beach as we were just a few blocks from the bay. It was in August and so cold I had tp wear my coat to the beach,needless to say I stayed out of the water! It was so beautiful there I walked through woods to get to school and the tree were all red and gold, like a beautiful painting.
Love to all,
Auntie Pat

The Bountiful Connelly's said...

Oh how I miss the ocean. I don't know how ocean plus cold must be. Thanks for sharing your pics. It's fun to stay in touch.
Ganon